Tis' the season for... Banana Bread! (apparently?!)
This household favorite has made a big comeback.
There's many reasons why it could be so popular: easy to make, keeps well, you get to utilize your browning bananas, and most of all - kids really like it. Plus, it's incredibly forgiving!
You can follow a recipe, make your own customizations (as many as you want!) and the odds are in your favor of it still tasting good! We've scoured the internet for you, completed some test bakes, and found a recipe so good and so easy - you'll be adding it to your family cookbook. For those of you out there needing something to do, or a mental distraction that doesn't take too much energy and offers you a yummy reward -
The Easiest Banana Bread Recipe You Ever Did See
What You'll Need:
- 3 medium bananas mashed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup of literally whatever mix-ins you want (we split the allocated cup with 1/2 cup walnuts and 1/2 cup sweet cacao nibs)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium bowl, mix your wet ingredients - mashed bananas, egg, and mayonnaise
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients together - flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and mix-ins of choice
- Pour into a greased loaf pan. Bake for 60 minutes, you can remove the bread five minutes before or after the hour if you'd like bread that is softer, or has firmed up just a little bit more.
- Let it cool completely!
Now your counter has breakfast, snack, or a late night treat ready whenever you are!
Gotta love how versatile this bread is!
If you're subscribing to the good news, another reason why banana bread can be so popular right now is because simply, some people cope by baking. There's a reason it's called stress-baking.
When you prepare this recipe, keep in mind that bananas offer your body lots of B vitamins which are tied to serotonin. Serotonin will help boost your mood, and offer your body natural hormones to help deal with stress and anxiety.
Go ahead and stress bake this recipe, by the time you've completed your masterpiece (+ tasted it too!) you'll be supplied with more tools to keep your head up. Even if it's just to smell that delicious scent of fresh banana bread.