A plant-based, probiotic spin on a summer BBQ fave. Straight-forward ingredients, 30 minutes and good-for-you-and-your-tastebuds flavor. #OhKaleYes
- 1 small/medium head of cauliflower (cut into bite-size florets)
- sea salt + black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup unsweetened, plain plant milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 1.5 cups almonds (or cashews)
- 1.25 tsp sea salt
- .25 tsp cayenne pepper
- .75 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp honey (or maple syrup if vegan)
- 3 tbsp Vive Medium Probiotic Hot Sauce
- Preheat oven to 425° F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add cauliflower florets to a large mixing bowl and season with a bit of salt and pepper. Toss to combine and set aside.
- Mix batter ingredients in a small bowl, whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Prepare coating by adding ingredients together in a food processor. Mix until a semi-fine meal is achieved so it coats the cauliflower easily. Set aside.
- Dip a few florets at the time in the batter, ensuring all sides are coated; shake off excess. Transfer the cauliflower to the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- After all florets are placed on the baking sheet, shake coating evenly over cauliflower pieces. Use a spoon or your fingers to scoop up excess to cover any bare spots.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cauliflower appears golden brown. For a deeper color, spritz cauliflower pieces with avocado oil spray before placing in oven.
- While the cauliflower is baking, prepare glaze. In a small saucepan, add honey/maple and hot sauce. Heat over medium-low heat, whisking frequently until it bubbles and appears combined. Set aside.
- Transfer cauliflower to a large mixing bowl. Top with glaze and toss gently to combine.
Best when fresh! Leftovers may be stored in the fridge for 3 days. Reheat at 375° F until hot for best results.